100-Hour Hatha Yoga Immersion Program
The YAA’s 100-Hour Immersion program is geared towards experienced yoga students who wish to deepen their understanding of the practices and philosophies of hatha yoga, but do not have intentions to teach. Credit for the 100 Hour Immersion Program may be applied towards the 200 Hour Teacher Training Program.
Program Schedule & Fees
The YAA Immersion Program consists of 100 Hours of training.
The Core Curriculum Classes are held about once per month in Edmonton, usually on Saturdays, and are also offered online on the Zoom platform. The sequence of classes repeats every two years, allowing students to work at their own pace and integrate their learning over time. Students may begin the program at any time during the year. Credit can later be transferred to the Teacher Training Program if the student decides to pursue a career in teaching.
There is no application fee to enroll in the Immersion Program. Full YAA Membership is required and must remain current throughout the program. All classes and workshops are pay-as-you-go so there is no up-front tuition, and costs are spread out over the time it takes to complete the program. There are 16 Core Curriculum classes currently priced at $80 each, plus an additional 20 hours — from sources chosen by the student — are also required.
100-Hour Program Requirements
The program requirements are summarized as follows:
- 80 Hours of YAA Monthly Core Curriculum Classes (16 x 5 Hour Classes) or equivalent training approved by the Certification Coordinator.
- 20 Hours of other Hatha Yoga Workshops with YAA Senior Teachers or YAA sponsored teachers. Consult with the coordinator on workshop selection.
- Regular weekly hatha yoga classes with YAA Senior and/or Intermediate Teacher(s) are also highly recommended, but not counted in the program hours.
- Applicants must be Canadian residents over the age of 18 years or have a signed waiver from their parent/guardian.
- Download the Immersion Program Application Form and submit to [email protected] along with details of previous attendance in hatha yoga classes (recent regular attendance is highly recommended).
- Pay for your Full YAA Membership, which must remain up to date throughout the program.
- Approval from the YAA Certification Coordinator is required. A telephone interview may be conducted.
- Full program details and syllabus will be sent upon admission into the program.
For Further Information: Contact the Coordinator at [email protected]