1st Year Free for Alberta Residents –
New Members Only
See below for benefits at each level.
Full Membership w/ no expiry.
As a Member of the Yoga Association of Alberta (YAA) you are supporting and encouraging the growth and communication of yoga in the province, assisting in the service of those who may not otherwise be able to experience the numerous benefits of yoga, and helping to maintain a high level of expertise amongst Alberta teachers. Yearly memberships expire December 31st each year. New memberships purchased now will be valid until Dec. 31, 2023.
As an Associate Member of the YAA You Receive:
- Electronic subscription to the Yoga Bridge newsletter, a valuable enrichment tool for all yoga practitioners.
- Free workshop attendance and voting privileges at our Annual General Meeting.
- High quality yoga props, mats and accessories available at excellent prices. Locally sourced where possible.
- Free live streamed online classes showcasing YAA Senior Teachers twice a month.
- Free live streamed professional development webinars for yoga teachers.
- Borrowing privileges from our extensive library of yoga books.
- Opportunity to purchase advertising space in the Yoga Bridge newsletter.
- Opportunity to participate in YAA workshops priced below $80.
Full Members (and Lifetime Members) receive all of the benefits of the Associate Membership PLUS:
- Printed versions of the Yoga Bridge newsletter mailed to your home or business. (Ask us for complimentary copies to distribute to your community).
- Free directory listings for yoga teachers on the Find A Teacher page of our website.
- Free event listings on our website and in the Yoga Bridge newsletter, circulated to over 1500 yoga practitioners province-wide.
- Free community gatherings with professional development workshops.
- Access recordings for free Senior Teacher Showcase Series & Professional Development Webinars.
- Opportunity to participate in YAA workshops priced above $80 including internationally renowned teachers.
- Opportunities to deepen your practice through our Immersion Program, apply for Teacher Training and Advanced Training Levels. All training levels are pay-as-you-go from qualified teachers anywhere in the world. Mentorship with YAA Senior Teachers close to home.
- Practicing teachers can apply for individualized assessment through our Equivalency Certification Program with credit for previous qualified training.
- Discounts insurance rates for teachers.
- YAA Certified Teachers get access to community job postings, outreach and committee placements, and Senior Teachers can act as mentors for the TTP and upgrading levels.
YAA Membership or YAA Certification?
Anyone can be a member of the YAA (e.g. yoga practitioners, yoga teachers, and individuals from the general public).
YAA Certified Hatha Yoga Teachers must also be Full YAA Members in good standing. In order to qualify for YAA Certification, a yoga teacher must have met the YAA Certification requirements through either the YAA Teacher Training Program or through the YAA Equivalency Certification Program. YAA Certified Teachers meet professional upgrading standards and must apply for Recertification every three years, maintaining active participation in both classes/workshops and teaching hours, and are eligible to apply for Advanced Training Levels.
Please select membership level and purchase online (see top of this page), or contact us for more information.