May 30, 2020 Teacher Training Class #12
Due to necessary physical distancing, this workshop will be offered via Zoom 9:30 am – 3:00pm
See Zoom instructions and the Zoom link to the workshop below the class details.
Asana: Shoulderstand & Related Inversions
Theory: Maha Mudra; Mantra & Yantra / Tantra / Visuddha & Ajna Chakras / Jnana Yoga /Jalandhara Bandha (review all Bandhas) / Cervical Spine Anatomy
Pranayama: Viloma / Bhramari
Teacher: Donalee Campbell** started doing yoga in the late 90’s with Anita Sielecki and was first certified by the YAA in 2008 with Teddy Hyndman as mentor. She continued her training in Anusara yoga and now holds Senior Teacher Status and is Coordinator for the YAA Teacher Training and Certification Programs, and is also registered with the Yoga Alliance as an E-RYT-500 and YACEP. A passionate yoga teacher and trainer, Donalee is a strong advocate for high quality yoga teacher training. In 2018 she sat on the Advisory Group for Teacher Qualifications as part of the Yoga Alliance Standards Review Project. Resonating deeply with the philosophies of yoga, Donalee has a passion for teaching theme-based and heart-oriented yoga classes and workshops, incorporating the philosophies of yoga, esoteric anatomy and life-enhancing principles of alignment.
Zoom link: May 30 TTP Saturday Class
- Download Zoom on your computer (go to zoom.us) or the Zoom app on your device (install Zoom Cloud Meetings) that you plan to use. Any phone, tablet or computer that has a webcam should work. You will need to allow the app to access your video and microphone. (Clicking on any meeting link should bring you to that automatically as well.) You can access the classes without an account but you will need a small download or app on your device that will take a few minutes to load. If you do sign up for an account you can start your own meetings with friends and family, or even just start one by yourself to check your camera and audio settings, and play with it a bit. The basic program is free and will be all you need to join in on the YAA sponsored events. If you want to host your own classes or meetings that are longer than 40 minutes, you will need to purchase a pro account.
- If you anti-virus program does not allow you to download Zoom on your computer, you can try accessing it through the App Store or Google Play.
- Click the meeting link (or copy and paste into your browser) at the meeting time. The app should start up automatically. Or, from the home page of the app, enter the 9 digit meeting ID (last 9 digits of the link). Make sure you check your email prior to the class start in the event there is a glitch and we need to send a new ID number for you to enter. Unfortunately, we aren’t able to answer your emails or phone calls during class time so ensure you’re set up ahead of time. If you’re having difficulties contact the meeting host. (For TTP classes you can email the Coordinator at email@example.com.)
- In the event the connection is slow at any given time depending on the number of participants and the time of day, you may experience an internet interruption of sound and/or freezing frames. You have a couple of options. One is to wait it out and keep moving until the connection returns, or try reconnecting by entering the meeting ID etc. once again.
- If attending the TTP Class you will need a space to place your yoga mat and your camera set up on the long side of your mat, back far enough that I can see you both standing and sitting, with sufficient light in front of you and no light or windows behind you if possible. If these parameters aren’t possible, just do your best. Have props/water handy as well and try to arrange to not be interrupted.