By purchasing this online yoga teacher trainig class, it is assumed that you agree with the following disclaimer:
ZOOM CLASS PARTICIPATION DISCLAIMER:
I fully understand that I am participating in unsupervised, guided, online classes at my own risk. I will participate only in those exercises that I feel comfortable and capable of doing.
By joining the class on Zoom I agree to accept all responsibility for my participation and will not hold The Yoga Association of Alberta and/or its teachers responsible for my movement choices and their consequences.
Essentially, we want you to listen to your body and if something seems inappropriate for you to do, please don’t. You can cease the activity, modify the position, or return to your breath until it feels safe and appropriate for you to continue.
September 26, 2020 Teacher Training Class #14 ONLINE CLASS
See Zoom instructions and the Zoom link to the workshop below the class details.
Asanas: Headstand and related inversions
Theory: Bhagavad Gita: Themes /Sahasrara Chakra / Skull Anatomy (Review cervical spine)
Pranayama: Kapalabhati / Bhastrika
Teacher: Teddy Hyndman and Donalee Campbell**
Zoom link: to follow
- Download Zoom on your computer (go to zoom.us) or the Zoom app on your device (install Zoom Cloud Meetings) that you plan to use. Any phone, tablet or computer that has a webcam should work. You will need to allow the app to access your video and microphone. (Clicking on any meeting link should bring you to that automatically as well.) You can access the classes without an account but you will need a small download or app on your device that will take a few minutes to load. If you do sign up for an account you can start your own meetings with friends and family, or even just start one by yourself to check your camera and audio settings, and play with it a bit. The basic program is free and will be all you need to join in on the YAA sponsored events. If you want to host your own classes or meetings that are longer than 40 minutes, you will need to purchase a pro account.
- If you anti-virus program does not allow you to download Zoom on your computer, you can try accessing it through the App Store or Google Play.
- Click the meeting link (or copy and paste into your browser) at the meeting time. The app should start up automatically. Or, from the home page of the app, enter the 9 digit meeting ID (last 9 digits of the link). Make sure you check your email prior to the class start in the event there is a glitch and we need to send a new ID number for you to enter. Unfortunately, we aren’t able to answer your emails or phone calls during class time so ensure you’re set up ahead of time. If you’re having difficulties, contact the meeting host. (For TTP classes you can email the Coordinator at firstname.lastname@example.org.)
- In the event the connection is slow at any given time depending on the number of participants and the time of day, you may experience an internet interruption of sound and/or freezing frames. You have a couple of options. One is to wait it out and keep moving until the connection returns, or try reconnecting by entering the meeting ID etc. once again.
- If attending the TTP Class you will need a space to place your yoga mat and your camera set up on the long side of your mat, back far enough that I can see you both standing and sitting, with sufficient light in front of you and no light or windows behind you if possible. If these parameters aren’t possible, just do your best. Have props/water handy as well and try to arrange to not be interrupted.