Alberta’s Source for Information About Yoga
As a Member of the Yoga Association of Alberta, you are supporting and encouraging the growth and unity of yoga in the province.
Please consider becoming a member today!
The Yoga Association of Alberta (YAA) is a non-profit charitable organization that has been supporting and offering yoga in Alberta since 1976. The YAA promotes high standards of yoga instruction through teacher training and equivalency certification, as well as offering an outreach program, and works in co-operation with individuals and yoga communities practising all recognized yoga disciplines.
Why Certify? If you are a yoga teacher, or are considering training, see this article from the Yoga Bridge.
Support is provided to Albertans through:
- Providing information about current and future yoga activities in Alberta.
- Publication of a regular newsletter, Yoga Bridge. Members may borrow from the YAA Library of over 600 titles.
- Promoting and maintaining high standards of yoga instruction through teacher training and equivalency certification programs.
- Organizing workshops, retreats and other activities independently and in co-operation with individuals and yoga communities throughout the province.
- Serving hard to reach populations including prisons, street youth, women’s shelters, seniors and rural communities through an Outreach Karma Yoga Program.
CBC’s Radio Active podcast on Yoga in Schools: